With us both being teachers, we thought it might be cool to do a joint post together on the top 10 gifts to give teachers. I mean, everyone has a teacher in their life whether it be your child’s teacher, or your mom, aunt, brother, or friend. And with Christmas approaching and college graduations occurring, now is a great time for gift ideas! So we got to thinking about this plan for a blog post.
Until something happened.
We received our pencil sharpeners in the mail. No longer was there a need for a top 10 list. We didn’t want to waste our time with numbers 10-2. So we’re just going to tell you the top item. If you haven’t guessed it, it’s the classroom friendly pencil sharpener!
We had heard about this pencil sharpener in different ways. Leslie had seen the sharpener in reviews on blogs over the summer. Julia had heard about it by word of mouth. Someone in her school had one, and news about the amazing pencil sharpener spread through the halls. So we decided we’d like to try it out.
We are glad we did!
- You know when to stop sharpening. The handle looses resistance.
- It’s quick! It takes about 12 seconds to sharpen a brand new pencil, and 5 to sharpen a dull or broken pencil!
- It’s dependable. Same results every time.
- The pencils are incredibly sharp.
- It’s small and attractive.
- It can be bolted to your table.
- It doesn’t overheat like an electric one.
Here are some reactions we received from our students:
- “That sharpener’s better than the other one.”
- “That’s so sharp!”
- “I’m going to ask Santa for a pencil sharpener like that!”
- and a LOT of ::::::::gasp:::::::::
Collectively we’ve had about 8 pencil sharpeners in our classrooms over the past 5 years. We are glad to say we’ve finally found one that we are happy with! We recommend it to any teacher, or to any person buying a present for a teacher this holiday season! And teachers, go ahead and pin it to your wish list on Pinterest. (And then if you don’t get one this holiday season… go ahead and order one. You’ll be glad you did!)
To get your pencil sharpener visit Troy (a teacher himself!) at Classroom Friendly Supplies!