Hey everyone! “Long time, no see,” as they say. It’s been awhile since we’ve posted….a long while actually. But, we’re back and ready to take on the world!!! Haha, ok, maybe not, but we are ready to share lots of things that we’ve been up to: events, crafts, projects, etc…
The first and most significant thing that has happened in my life since I last posted, was that I became a mom to a precious little baby boy in January. He’s my first kid, so I’ve been busy learning how to be a mom and spending time with my wonderful bundle of joy.
All that to say, it’s about time I posted some pictures of my son, David’s, nursery! This is probably the biggest project that I’ve accomplished over the last several months, mostly before he arrived (thankfully!) and a little bit recently with the help of gifts from friends and family (including my sister!) Ok, let’s take a look, shall we?
First, before entering, the door to the nursery features an awesome comic themed wreath. Look familiar? It should. My sister, Julia, made it! The wreath is a clue to what theme we decorated his room in….
Superheroes! (of course) And not just any superheroes… Marvel! As Julia has mentioned before, my husband is crazy about his Marvel characters, especially Spider-man. Throughout David’s nursery you will see touches of Marvel characters and primary colors that we thought would help to brighten up the room and allow for an easier transition into a little boy’s room in the future.
Originally, I envisioned his nursery being a more vintage/muted color scheme with hints of Spider-man here and there. As time went on, it evolved into a more modern design due to furniture selections and art projects. But I love it! It’s perfect. The different things we were able to incorporate makes it a perfect mix between mine and my husband’s creations/visions… which makes sense, because our son is a perfect mix of the two of us!
Before David was born I would go in the room just to look at it stand in awe of it’s beauty! Does anyone else do that? Here are some highlights of the room and little moments that make me happy! Some are crafty/DIY projects made by none other than mommy and daddy!
- Personalized Captain America Shield made by a friend at church
- Handmade Mobile made by Mommy
- Typography art in frame made by Julia! (Can you spot our hero’s name?)
- Huge D that stands for David, Mod-Podged with comics old and new
- Vintage Captain America Poster (Peel and Stick) present from Daddy
- 3 frames featuring pictures of Daddy, David, and Mommy as babies & hooks used to show off the little hero’s wardrobe. Later he can hang his coats and things here.
- These are Mommy’s, Daddy’s and baby’s first teddy bears
- Just a close-up of his library. He has books about him as a baby! (the No David! series)
I made these by Mod Podging comics onto wooden frames and an existing light switch cover.
This is a special frame from Target that a friend gave us. It will feature David’s monthly photos, and later, his years in grade school! (Ahh, not yet. He’s just a baby!) Until then, I’ve filled in the frame with numbers and cute backgrounds using scrapbook paper.
These are canvases of Marvel heroes that Daddy created using glue and spray paint. It was an idea from Pinterest! I like how you can’t see the faces until you get closer. And we can use them to teach him his colors!
My aunt sent us this beautiful quilt! It’s so cool! It’s pieces of blue jean and Marvel flannel sewn together in a patchwork look. I can picture it on his toddler/big boy bed one day.
- Between Mommy and Daddy’s stuffed animals and gifts from others, he needed a toy hamper!Can you spot the Marvel heroes peeking out?
- In the corner of the crib, Daddy’s old Spidey watches over baby at night.
Before you go, here’s the little superhero himself…